Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sesame Noodles



This week I am making something quick and easy!  We could all use something less time consuming every now and then.  Sesame noodles are one of my favorite foods, and it works really well as a side.  For this meal I made a chicken stir-fry as the main dish.  And to redeem my choices from the last post, this recipe is brought to you in part by chocolate soy milk - a healthier (and easier on the liver) choice.

I also realize I never updated where I was at with my work for NaNoWriMo.  I did finish!!!  This was part of the reason I skipped updating last week (I needed a breather from writing).  It was such a fascinating experience over the course of a month creating a different world and characters to become attached to.  I have done a few creative writing pieces here and there, but never anything to this extent.  The end feeling was awesome!  As I said in my first November post, it may be an awful work of literature to others, but I finished it and it is mine!

Enough babble, let's get started on the recipe!

Ingredients for this dish:
  • 1 lb Whole Wheat Angel Hair Pasta
  • 3 Green Onions
  • 4 cloves Garlic
  • 1/4 cup Mushroom Soy Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 1 tsp Sesame Oil
First heat water for the noodles and follow the instructions to cook them.  When done, strain the water and set aside.

While the water is heating, mince the garlic and green onions.  In a small bowl (or measuring cup) mix together the soy sauce, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.

When the noodles have been cooked and strained, put in a bowl.  Stir the liquids again to make sure it is mixed, then add to the noodles.  Mix in the garlic, and then the green onions.  Then it is ready to serve!

If you are looking for a variation on this, try using a mix of soy sauce, fermented black bean sauce, and sriracha sauce (with the green onions and garlic still of course).

One more side note before I leave you for next week!  I added a few things to the site layout!  If you notice, there is now a "Subscribe via Email" box to the right.  If you would like to see me in your inbox (when I update of course), sign up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment