Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Garlic Fries


As I mentioned in my previous post (Cheesy Pita Toast), I am participating in NaNoWriMo.  To update from last week, my current word count is around 23,000!  I also realize I forgot to make an "over 9000" joke last week, so I will now...IT'S OVER 9000!!!!  I am still going strong, but I'll let you know next week if that same enthusiasm continues.  There is no garlic in my novel unfortunately, but it gives me all the more reason to keep up with this blog during the process! :)

This week I just really wanted to snack on fries while writing.  Sometimes you just need to go with these urges.  As a result it turned into my recipe for this week!

My ingredients for this week:
  • 6 Russet Potatoes
  • 4 Garlic Cloves (Georgia Fire from Stoney Creek Nursery)
  • 3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
  • 1/2 Tsp Cumin
  • 1/2 Tsp Thyme
 First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Next, mince the garlic.  Slice the potatoes into the shape of your French Fries, and lay on a greased baking sheet.  Combine the paprika, cumin, and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.


Add the oil to a small pan, and heat.  Once the oil is hot, and is starting to boil, add the minced garlic.  Cook the garlic for about 2-3 minutes, then take off the heat, and remove the garlic from the oil and set aside for later.


Use the oil to coat the potatoes on the baking sheet.  Once thoroughly coated, sprinkle the spice mix over the top, and mix until evenly coated.


Put the baking sheet in the oven, and set a timer for 35 minutes.  At about 15-20 minutes in, take the baking sheet out of the oven to stir the fries, then put back in for the remaining time.  Once the 35 minutes are over, check to see if the fries appear golden-brown, then remove from the oven.


Transfer the fries to a bowl, and add the cooked garlic.  Now it is ready to eat!  Eat just as is for a snack or use as a side dish.  If you try making it, or have another spice combination you've used, feel free to leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment