Wednesday, October 23, 2013

And Now for Something Completely Cheesy (Butternut Squash Gratin)


I needed a little more time to finish my main post for this week, so for today I will be posting something shorter.  Look for my other post around Friday.

A few weeks ago, my dad made a wonderful dinner.  There isn't garlic in this recipe, but I just had to share anyways.  The recipe used was this Butternut Squash Gratin recipe from Culture magazine (a magazine for all things cheesy).  Instead of the cheeses they listed to use, Cooperstown Cheese Company's Jersey Girl and Toma Celena were used.

To be honest, I am not usually the biggest fan of butternut squash, but I loved this!  It was a spicy meal that was nice, warm, and gooey for how cool the evening was when we ate it.  It was definitely a tasty way to clear out your sinuses when you are suffering from a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment